Comfort cooling - not only a luxury, but also a necessity in South Africa’s blazing hot summers - counts itself amongst the diverse projects covered by Peninsulair. Apart from the high summer temperatures, the national building regulations require certain amounts of fresh air to be supplied to areas occupied by persons. The enclosed picture is of an installation done for I&J Head Office in Cape Town.
Following is a list of some of the contracts covered:
- TELKOM LOUWVILLE PLACE: VRV air conditioning installation.
- TELKOM CAPE TOWN RADIO: VRV air conditioning installation.
- KOEBERG POWER STATION: Replacing water-cooled chillers.
- I & J HEAD OFFICE – CAPE TOWN: Air-conditioning installation to head office.
- PLANET HOLLYWOOD: Air-conditioning and ventilation for restaurant (chilled water).
- ESKOM BELLVILLE: Chiller replacement, installation of hot-water boilers and system upgrade.
Peninsulair was subcontracted by Johannesburg based Airgro to the following contracts:
- MAYNARD MALL: Air-conditioning and ventilation to shops and cinemas.
- BLUE ROUTE OK HYPERAMA: Air-conditioning to Hyperama’s main trading area and line shops.
- N1 CITY OK HYPERAMA: Air-conditioning to Hyperama’s main trading area and line shops.
- NO. 80 STRAND STREET: Air-conditioning to ten office floors.